SO many fabulous updates to give my 2 readers, but in due time. Right now, let me share with you the most important part of our honeymoon: where have we eaten?
1. Atlantis Seafood & Steak. Delicious ahi poke (raw tuna with some stuff on it) and lau lau, which was scallops, shrimp, and salmon sauteed with spinach.
2. Honolulu Coffee Company, conveniently located next to our hotel, the Moana Surfrider (amazing). Best waffle ever, topped with strawberries, fresh macademia nuts (it makes a difference!) and my new favorite jarred syrup, Coconut Syrup, aka crack in a bottle. Also, the acai bowls are deliciously satisfying after a run. Frozen acai berry with granola and banana. Mmmm.
3. Sushi Doraku. Had the caterpillar roll: tuna with crab, topped with avocado and spicy aioli. Rusans what?
4. Giovanni's Shrimp Truck. Josh Holloway recommended it in this little travel magazine we picked up. Holy Lord that was some amazing shrimp scampi. And the pineapple coconut smoothie? To die for. I'd fly back to Hawaii just to visit Giovanni's again.
5. YardHouse Burgers. You know how sometimes you just need a cheeseburger? We got one last night: a Hawaiian, with pepper jack cheese, pineapples, and some sort of teriyaki sauce. The best burger and fries ever.
6. Fresh Catch. Tasty. Dave loved his salmon & tuna poke.
7. Subway. It was either this or peanut butter sandwiches tonight.
I'm sitting on the back porch of our hotel, all of a sudden feeling extremely fat. We have split all but two of our entrees, so that has helped our waistlines and our budget, a little. Right now, I'm watching people at the beach bar get hammered off really expensive drinks, people eating a really expensive dinner off to our left, Dave reading his Kindle to my right, and a beautiful sunset ahead of me. I heart Hawaii.